HERE ARE THE DAMN BELLY PICTURES!
Now that the unpleasantries are over we can now focus on the miracle of life. Our adventure started at 7 AM on Friday January 18th. Ryan was helping me get ready for my doctors appointment and he told me he wasn't coming. After I gave him an obvious, yet subtle, guilt trip he called in to work saying that he would be in a little later in the day. Our appointment was at 8:30 so we got there at 8:20 hoping to get in and get out quick. After getting in the room the nurse took my blood pressure (170/100 !!!) and then we waited for quite some time for the doctor to come in. The Dr. came in and the first thing he said was "Ready to have a baby? Today is the day." Ryan and I were speechless. So we were told to go across the street to the hospital. We checked in a little before 10 and got situated in our room. The Dr. came over to visit us around 3 PM and said that I was at a 3 to 4 and he broke my water. Because of my high blood pressure I was put on a Magnesium Sulfide drip, which really wiped me out physically. I was having regular contractions that were starting to get a little more intense so I had an epidural. My contractions slowed and so they started some Pitocin around 5 PM. I was at a 4 to 5 at this point. At 7:20 the doctor came in to check on me and said that I was at a 10!!! So the pushing began and with great speed Cambridge was born at 7:51 after 20 minutes of pushing. I was most excited to find that he has a full head of thick blonde hair. So here is our adventure, through pictures, of the past few days. It might be a little over kill on the pictures, but Cambridge is just so darn cute! (You can click on the pictures to make them nice and big too!)
Here is Ryan comparing his hand size to Cambridge's.
Our sleeping angel
Here are the stats:
Cambridge Ryan White
1/18/08 7:51 PM
6 lbs. 9 oz.
20.5 inches
Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana
I hope everyone didn't get bored of the overdose of pictures. It is really hard to pick the cute ones, because...well they are all so cute. Check back soon for more pictures. Cambridge will be going home on Monday the 21st.
3 comments:
WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! He is ADORABLE! This whole comment will be in caps because HE IS SO DANG CUTE! You look great, Kristen! I love the belly (pre-birth). Have fun you guys! We miss you!
WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! He is ADORABLE! This whole comment will be in caps because HE IS SO DANG CUTE! You look great, Kristen! I love the belly (pre-birth). Have fun you guys! We miss you!
I hope you are sleeping! Congrats! Cambridge looks like a beautiful little boy. I am so happy you are doing well. Megan directed me to your blog. Keep it updated! It is such a fun way to stay in touch.
Congrats again and go get some sleep!
Ande Amott & family
Post a Comment