Sunday, June 16, 2013

13.1 Yeeehaw!

After months of preparation, the day of my first half marathon came! Sour Grapes half marathon in Brainerd, MN. The weather was perfect for running and  I was ready to conquer!
 Trisha is my training mate and good friend.  Here we are at the starting line ready to roll and actually missed the official start because we were posing for this picture....oops.
 At mile 4 we saw our little fan club cheering us on looking for some high 5's.  (Cutest thing ever-Made me so happy!!)
 and again at mile 7. Such cute kids.
 On the second loop around they were still there making us keep going. Shortly before this picture I lost my footing and actually crashed...a lot embarrassing but oh well. (Bloody nose, upper lip, inside lip, fat lip, and big scratch by my eye... so bringing some tissue with me next time, lesson learned, but at least I didn't get a hole in my cute new pants or blow my nose/wipe down my arms with poison ivy leaves, that could've been bad.)
YAY the finish line...
Trisha and I celebrating an awesome run.  It was so nice to have a friend to chat with the entire time!  The weather was beyond perfect, I felt fabulous the entire time, minus the little fall of course, and can't wait to do another one!  (Also-found a tick chowing down on my leg while I was stretching after the race... SO GROSS.)  So sad it is over though, and pleasantly surprised at how much easier it was than I thought it would be.... also found out I am a big fan of trail running versus pavement.  
So glad my darling little kids came to support me, it was so fun to have them there (poor little guys got woken up at 4:30 am to drive up), and I am SUPER THANKFUL for such an AWESOME and SUPPORTIVE husband who was there too, and has taken care of these little guys for all my training runs without complaining once.  Couldn't have done it without him.  Thanks Ryan!  (I can't believe how proud I was of all of us, such a rush!)



1 comment:

Kelly Jean said...

Wow, way to go!!!! So impressed! Love your fan club :)