The next stop was at a place called Indiana Dunes State Park. It is on Lake Michigan and it has the best beach ever. The water was the perfect temperature. I loved that is felt like I was in the ocean, but did not have to deal with salt water. It was really hot that day so we were really happy that we were at a beach. Cambridge had a lot of fun burying Ryan and having his feet buried. Our fun was cut short by a really bad thunderstorm, but we had a good 4 hours on the beach.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Goodbye Summer
This past Labor Day weekend Ryan planned a super fun road trip for our family. All he told us was that there would be a beach and a chocolate waterfall. I was so confused, but it sounded like an interesting combination. The first stop we went to was the Albanese Candy Factory. We got to watch them making gummy bears, that were the best I have ever tasted. They even have a 32 foot tall chocolate waterfall...and yes it really is chocolate. Here is a video of it.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun!! Surprises like that are the best! Glad you guys had a good time :)
Post a Comment